Location Scouting - {Columbia Children's Arboretum, Portland, OR}

Sunday, April 22, 2012

So. This gorgeous place is a mere 7 minutes from my home, and yet, its in such a hidden, unexpected place (read: Its most recognizable neighbors are a truck stop, a junk yard and a school bus lot) its taken me 7 years to discover it. The children and I have been out to it a lot to play and explore, but this is the first time I've taken my camera along. The space is 28 acres, and has native trees from all 50 states planted on the grounds, as well as a slough, footbridge and wildlife including ducks, frogs and (unfortunately for me!) snakes.

My daughter, Karter, is my favorite face in the whole world to photograph (well, besides my other favorite face, her brother), but in general does not enjoy me taking her picture. On this day, she was excited to put on her dress and do a bit of photo taking. And I was a happy Mama!

web1
web 2
web3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Day Blog Template | ©2011 - Dual Illusions