I Heart Faces - A touch of Whimsy

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This picture seemed right for the "Touch of Whimsy" photo challenge over at I heart Faces.


I have always wanted to photograph someone in front of the dilapidated brick facade located at NW 10th and Johnson. Out to dinner for my husband's birthday, we wound up at Jamison Square for ice cream, very near the spot. We wandered over and I snapped a few pictures of my daughter sitting in the window of the old building, and the results were a little whimsical.

I will definitely be back for a shoot soon! I love the look of the brick and foliage.

I Heart Faces - Photo Challenges & Photography Tutorials

12 comments:

Janna said...

GORGEOUS picture! I wanna go location scouting with you sometime!

Kraftee Girl said...

Love this picture!! I second what Janna said. I want to go location scouting too.

Stephanie said...

Love the feeling of this picture!

SBSAKE Photography said...

Very precious, I love it!

Jennifer Morrow said...

Wow, the colors and softness are gorgeous in this image. Your daughter is beautiful! :)

Erica said...

This is gorgeous, I love the processing and the eyes looking up.

ShutteredDreams Photography said...

Beautiful image! Very whimsical! The perspective is great as is the lighting. Great work

Debra Heschl Photography said...

love this..very sweet :)

Strongmomma said...

I love your photo :)!!

e miller photography-Salem Oregon Photography said...

Beautiful and one of my all time favorite locations!

Iseabail said...

It is absolutely.....perfect! I love it!

Jill said...

What a sweet picture! Stopping by from the I Heart Faces photo challenge to say hi. I wanted to invite you to join in my new linky party photo contest too. There is photo prop prize in store for the winner! If you're interested in joining the party you can find it here: http://shutterspeedblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/grand-opening-giveaway-and-our-first.html

:) Jill

Post a Comment

Sweet Day Blog Template | ©2011 - Dual Illusions